Are you planning on a backpacking trip? Do you have everything that you need? Do you have the best and appropriate footwear to go with your adventure? Now you don't want to your trip to be ruined by scrunched toes, strained muscles, and blisters just because of a footwear failure. Then you should what's the best hiking shoes that you need for your backpacking adventure.
Hiking shoes are lighter and more flexible compared to hiking boots, but they offer less support. You may want to consider getting a hiking shoe because of the following reasons :
- • They are going to be sticking well on trails and short hikes
- • They are light and does not carry much weight
- • They are comfortable to wear
Since hiking is becoming a popular past time, event or sport more and more people are getting involved in hiking. Because of this a lot of hikers are also into getting their equipment. One may get overwhelmed by the finding the right equipment, but if you know which one is needed for your trip, it may narrow down your choices.
What hiking shoes are best?
1. Solomon X Ultra GTX - this is the top line hiking shoes because it is is very light weighing 1 Lb. or 10.8 oz. It is a great mix of durability, comfort, and lightness on trail tracks. One advantage of this foot ware also is that the tread design offers an impressive grip on all occasions.
2. Merrel Moab 2 vent - this is a combination of a lightweight but planted feel, comfortable fit, and it has a great price. It weighs 1 lb. 15 oz.
3. Altra Lone Peak 4.0 - this is a trail running shoe that weighs 1 lb. 4.4 oz. It is very light, and it has a plush cushioning.
4. The North Face Ultra 110 GTX - this is a hiking/ trail running shoe which weighs 1 lb. 15 oz. It has excellent stability and traction which is designed for rough trails.
5. Adidas Outdoor Terrex Swift R2 GTX - this is your typical hiking shoes. It weighs 1 lb. 8.6 oz. Though it is very light, it is tough. It has a fashionable, sleek design that will give you the feel of a hiking boot, and it will give your feet the perfect fit and protection.
6. La Sportiva TX3 - This type is an approach shoe that weighs 1 lb. 9 oz. Based on its name it has approach shoe grip with the comfort and weight of a hiking shoe. This shoe is tough for a long trek, long hikes, to climbing objects or going down steep and traveling to rocky terrain.
7. Keen Targhee III WP - This is a regular hiking shoe that weighs 1 lb. 14.8 oz. This offers comfortability and has plenty of support and is suitable for short backpacking trips.
8. Saucony Peregrine 8 - is a trail running shoe that weighs 1 lb. 4 oz. It is lightweight and with fantastic traction. It has a slightly cushioned midsole, and it provides plenty of shock absorption for long days.
9. Vasque Breeze 3.0 Low GYX - is your typical hiking shoe which weighs 2 lb 3 oz. It is tough to build, but it is comfortable on foot. Its lights weight upper and stable platform makes it an excellent modern hiking shoes. The Vibram rubber and its wide base is the main contributor which allows it to provide plenty of support.
10. Oboz Sawtooth II Low BDry - is also a regular hiking shoe that weighs 2 lb. 2.8 oz. It is sturdy and grippy, but it provides excellent comfort to your feet.
Choosing your footwear is a personal choice. There may be more choices in the market, but if you know which one to pick for your trip, then you can avoid the horror of choosing the wrong one. These options will surely help you narrow down your choices.