A shoe size determines the size of the shoe. It is the indication that the shoe fits properly around the feet of the person. There are numerous types of different shoe size system available worldwide. But in most of the cases, people use US and UK size charts as primary measurement size of shoes.
The measurement unit describes the exact size of the shoe. All the measurement units use the same number; there is a vast difference in the size. Some of the measurement systems show the width and length of the shoes. Calculating the exact size of the shoe is highly essential to get a comfortable and accurate fit.
First, you need to take the exact measurement of the size of your feet before choosing the shoes. The shoe size is measured in various methods in different regions.
Also the men, women, and children shoe size conversion chart might vary according to the measurement unit. It is always a better option to measure the shoe size by yourself to avoid mistakes.
Here is the detailed description about How shoe size is measured:
Things you need:
- Measuring tape
- Pencil or marker
- Two big papers
How to measure shoe size Guide:
It is a better idea to measure at the end of the day because the feet stay longest at this time. Wear socks which you will wear along with your shoes when you measure your feet.
- Sit on a chair and Place your foot on a paper.
- With the help of a pencil, draw a pencil trace around your feet on the paper carefully. Hold the pencil in a straight position and make sure the pencil remains stable while drawing the trace.
- Take a measuring ruler and measure the pencil trace to determine the foot width and length.
- Measure the size of both foot and always consider the appropriate size of the larger foot.
- After getting the shoe size, convert the shoe size with conversion table depending on the region you live. You can convert the inches into centimeters by multiplying inches by 2:54.
- To measure your foot length, evaluate the distance between the two longest points on the pencil tracing. Then reduce the number by 5m and the note the foot length.
- To measure your foot width, gauge the distance between two widest points in the pencil trace and reduce the number by 5mm. After getting between the foot length and width accurately proceed to the next step.
Use measuring charts to convert the sizes correctly. Both men and women can determine the size with the help of a conversion guide.
Always be careful while doing the conversion work because many people get confused in between inches and centimeters that ends up in huge blender mistake. Refer to various charts based on the region you live and note the size in different versions of measuring unit for quick analysis in the future.
- Always wear socks while measuring the size. This step helps you to avoid tightness due to friction between socks and feet.
- Use a straight and stable pencil which draws the traces smoothly without any obstacles.
- Remember or note down the shoe size.
- Never measure the shoe right after the shower because your feet tend to contrast during the bath.
Shopping for shoes is not an easy task if you don't know the correct shoe size. It might also result in wrong size selection that causes huge discomfort after the purchase. Measuring your feet size is the best way to avoid wrong shopping, and you will always receive the shoe of the same size you want.
Most of the people have a horrible experience in the case of shoes, but the reason is still familiar. Without learning about shoe size, you may not be able to make the right choice.
The sizing charts differ between the brands and companies.
For example, X company might sell the shoes with measuring unit UK, Y company might sell shoes with measuring unit US, and Z company may sell EUP Standard footwear. So carefully analyze the foot size and choose the perfect pair that fits the best for you. Measure wisely and shop smartly.