Nothing is painful than walking in shoes that don't fit good and keep hurting your feet. Shoes are measured based on the width and size of your feet. The wide foot is a condition where your feet get wider than the normal foot size. Just because you have bought a right sized shoe, it doesn't mean it will fit well. Shoes that don’t match your size may lead to several types of severe foot problems.
Here are the steps on How do I know if I have a wide foot-
Detailed steps to know if you have wide foot
Wide feet are the major reason for foot discomfort and can be determined quickly if you suffer from foot pain daily. People with wide feet tend to return shoes soon after purchase due to the discomfort. It is essential to know whether you have a narrow or wide foot in order to solve the problem and avoid any serious foot problems.
How to examine your feet?
You can't decide if you have wide feet depending upon the length and width alone. Many people ignore measuring their feet regularly, which might be a reason for wide feet. You should also know that foot size charts differ from country to country. Fortunately, we are here to help you with a simple test to diagnose if you have wide feet:
Things you need:
- Pen or pencil
- A piece of paper
- Tape measure
- Large ruler
Process of Measuring
- Take a piece of paper and place it over a flat surface. Step on the paper, wearing your socks.
- Using a pen or pencil, trace the outline of your feet
- Record the measurements using a tape measure and compare the numbers with a standard shoe sizing chart
- While measuring the width, you should keep in mind that your feet' widest points determine the width and distance between your heel to the longest toe determines the length of your feet.
Few things to do before measuring your feet
- It is recommended that you should measure your feet during the day time because your feet tend to expand in the mornings.
- You should wear your socks while measuring the time to get your most accurate shoe size.
- Do not measure on uneven surfaces.
There might be many reasons that cause a wide foot like blisters, bunions, pregnancy, and other health problems. Leaning this tutorial on How do I know if I have a wide foot will guide you in tough times. So, always choose the shoe that fits you perfectly.